1. How do you reach Escambia County Housing Finance Authority (ECHFA)?
PHONE: 800-388-1970 -OR- 850-432-7077
ADDRESS: 700 South Palafox St., Ste. 310, Pensacola, FL 32502
EMAIL: CONTACT US
2. Why should a developer do business with ECHFA?
We provide tax-exempt revenue bonds to help developers finance qualified multi-family housing developments.
3. How does ECHFA help with financing for developers?
We are authorized to issue both governmental and private activity bonds. These bonds enable us to achieve our mission of alleviating the shortage of affordable housing by generating capital to build or rehabilitate multi-family rental properties.
4. How does a developer apply for these tax-exempt revenue bonds?
Just download and review the Guidelines today to get started. Check out our How to Apply section on our website to learn more.
5. How does ECHFA decide if a development qualifies for the Lender Program?
Our Registered Municipal Advisor and credit underwriter assess all proposed developments and prepares a report analyzing the financial feasibility, the public purpose and other factors. This report is a key part of the decision-making process.
6. What areas are served by ECHFA?
We serve all counties throughout the State of Florida.
7. Are there any fees involved?
We charge an application fee, a bond financing fee and an annual administration fee for all financings. The Authority employs a Registered Municipal Advisor whose fees are payable by the developer. Download our Guidelines to learn more.
8. How has ECHFA helped other developers?
We have issued $158 million of bonds for multi-family rental housing projects and more than $110 million of bonds to finance the construction of dormitories at the University of West Florida. Check out our Portfolio.
9. How long has the ECHFA been in business?
We have been in business for more than 40 years and have assisted many developers.
10. Who oversees the ECHFA?
ECHFA is under the oversight of a five-member board of citizens appointed by the Escambia County Board of County Commissioners. The Board, which meets monthly to review ECHFA’s progress, shares a passion for providing affordable housing.
For more information call us at 800-388-1970 or 850-432-7077.