1. Determine if you Qualify.
2. Determine if the property you are interested in Qualifies.
3. Contact Escambia County Housing Finance Authority (ECHFA) at 800-388-1970 to learn more about the Homeownership Program, available down payment/closing costs assistance and to receive contact information for Participating Lenders.
4. Help speed up the approval process of your loan by gathering your financial information:
a. Tax Returns and W-2s for the last 3 consecutive years
b. Bank Statements for the last 3 months
c. Pay-Stubs for the last 3 months and other Financial Documents related to all your sources of income:
• Listing of all real estate investments
• Listing of all investments in stocks and/or bonds
• Copy of court ordered child support judgment(s)
• SSI, DHAP, retirement income verification documents
• Evidence of other income
5. Contact a Participating Lender to start the loan application process.
6. Meet with the Participating Lender to complete the loan application. Please bring all requested documents listed in Step 4 to the Participating Lender
7. The Participating Lender will review your application and financial documents, and will forward your information to their underwriter for approval.
8. Once pre-approved for a mortgage loan amount, negotiate an agreement to purchase a home with a seller of the home. You should seek the assistance of a Realtor in negotiating the purchase agreement.
9. Close on your mortgage loan.
10. Move into your new home!
For more information call us at 800-388-1970 or 850-432-7077.
Please contact email@example.com or (800) 388-1970 for any accessibility issues on the website. If you are using assistive technology to access content on this website and the format of any material interferes with your ability access it, please let us know immediately and we will correct it. If you contact us, would you please indicate the nature of your accessibility program, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the webpage address of the requested material, your contact information, and any other information that would allow us to better assist you.